The statue should remain, it is a Syracuse landmark. The Onondagas should be given the opportunity to erect a competing monument on the adjacent park land. Free Speech is an important liberty. We should be able discuss history from different positions without trying to erase it.
- Featured News (15)
- Syracuse Mayoral Primary Profile: Republican Tom Babilon Touts City Hall Experience
- NewsChannel 9 goes ‘On The Trail’ with Syracuse Republican Mayoral Candidate Thomas Babilon
- Policing the main focus of GOP primary debate in race for Syracuse mayor
- Newsmakers: Tom Babilon, who seeks to win a primary to be the GOP candidate for Syracuse mayor
- Once a city hall lawyer, Babilon pitches volunteer cops, faster-acting code officers in Syracuse mayoral bid
Happy Juneteenth. I can't think of a better reason to celebrate than freedom and the complete abolition of slavery in the United States.